When your order is ready for shipment,Then Collecting your units of labeled and packaged and Goods pack them in boxes for delivery to Amazon.
From the Inventory section of your seller account, you can print a schedule of quantities and goods you intend to send to us and use this schedule as a reference when collecting the goods from your storage facility.
Print delivery labels for your packages goods. Shredded paper and Styrofoam peanuts crinkle wrap aren’t acceptable.
Pack your goods units using some boxes as possible.
Protect the goods from damage during delivery by including material of cushioning such as air pillows, paper full sheets or foam. Repack the box if needed.
Check the sealed box to confirm the contents of the box won’t shift during delivery and that the box is powerful enough for delivery.
- 1.Why Amazon has requirements for the package?
- Packaging requirements
- How do we pack for different types of goods?
- 2.1 Loose products
- 2.2 Sold as sets
- 2.3 Boxed units
- 2.4 Poly-bagged units
- 2.5 Case-packaged items
- 2.6 Expiration dated items
- 3.1 Liquids
- 3.2 Sharp objects
- 3.3 Fragile objects
- 3.4 Plush objects
- 3.5 Baby products
- 3.6 Apparel, fabric, and textiles
- 3.7 Jewelry
- 3.8 Small products
- 3.9 Pellets, powders, and granular products
- 3.10 Plexiglas
- 3.11 Adult products
- Acceptable adult product packaging:
1.Why Amazon has requirements for the package?
Packaging should fulfill safety requirements to protect both the employees and the goods when dealing with the goods. Each good should be packaged to sell as single units as well as different sets of volume.
You may even be subject to fees for non-compliance and Amazon may reject, repackage or return every good delivered to an Amazon fulfillment center with noncompliant or inadequate packaging at your expense. When delivery Units to Amazon fulfillment centers so follow these common requirements. Some goods have different major’s requirements.
- The corresponding numbers of human-readable that are easily accessible and every Unit should have an exterior label or barcode scannable as well as a barcode scannable.
- For Commingled Inventory, qualifying Stickerless, ISBN, 1 UPC or EAN.
- For Labeled Inventory or 1 FNSKU.
- Every FNSKU you utilize on a Unit should correspond to 1 creative product and should be creative. Such as very assortment kind, like color or size, will have another FNSKU.
- Cover or Remove barcodes scannable on the outside of a carton as well as different Units. Only the individual Units can have barcodes scannable within the carton.
Note: A unit that decreases under different categories should be prepped according to every applicable prep kind like if you’re selling as a set like Conditioner and Shampoo bottles, both units will want to fulfill the requirements of Liquid & also being labeled with a sticker of (Sold as set) so that they aren’t separated.
How do we pack for different types of goods?
2.1 Loose products
- Amazon doesn’t accept Units that would need Amazon to assemble different pieces such as wheelbarrows where the legs and handles are separate but are sold as 1 piece.
- Shoe box lids should be safe with a removable tape or non-adhesive band. Footwear, regardless of material, should be packaged with bagged in a polybag or either in shoe boxes so no shoe material exposed with a suffocation alert.
- Units that aren’t contained in secure packagings such as pouches or loose sleeves need bagging or require to be secured with a removable tape or non-adhesive band.
Every Unit, as well as different volume set book publications, should be contained within a secure or single package.
2.2 Sold as sets
Add a label to the Unit like this is a set or (Sold as set). Don’t separate.
Units that are set like a NASCAR set of 6 creative Hotwheel cars, sold as 1 Unit should be marked as sets on their packaging.
2.3 Boxed units
- Should have openings or a lid that will not easily open on its own. If the box can simply open on its own, then tape, staples or glue should be used to keep it closed.
- Should be 6 sided.
- If the boxed unit has perforated sides or openings, the good should pass a 3-foot drop test, consisting of 1 drop on every side, and 1 drop on a corner. If the good doesn’t pass the drop test, it should be placed in a poly-bag with a suffocation warning.
- Shouldn’t collapse when medium pressure is applied to each of the sides.
2.4 Poly-bagged units
Poly bags used to protect Units should meet the following requirements:
- The warning must be placed or printed in a prominent location and in a legible font size for the size of the bag.
- Poly bags with a five opening or larger measured when flat is needed to have a suffocation warning, either attached as a label or printed on the bag itself.
- For e.g. WARNING: To ignore the risk of suffocation, keep this plastic bag far from kid and babies. Don’t use this bag in cribs, carriages, beds or playpens. This bag isn’t a toy.
- The poly bag should be transparent.
- The thickness of the bag should be minimum 1.5 mil
- Polybags should be fully sealed.
- The polybag should have a barcode EAN, UPC etc or an X00-label that is scannable through the bag or have an ASIN- or X00- label on the outside of the bag.
- Shrink wrap or Poly bag shouldn’t protrude more than three past the dimensions of the good.
2.5 Case-packaged items
- All boxes with the same good will contain equal quantities of that good in every box like a case-pack items of twenty-four units should always contain twenty-four units.
- All items in a box will have same condition and SKU and will have been previously packaged together by the manufacturer.
- While receiving this kind of delivery, the fulfillment center scans 1 unit from the box and the box is placed in inventory. Not necessary to scan each unit because they are all match.
- Limit of the case pack items per case is 150 units.
- In few situations, a distributor or manufacturer may package more than 1 case-pack items into a larger box known as a master carton. Master cartons don’t qualify as case-pack items and should be split at the appropriate case-pack items level.
2.6 Expiration dated items
- Goods that expire and are contained in packaging that needs more prep, like bottles or glass jars, should be prepped to confirm that the expiration date items are accessible for Amazon associates during the receive process.
- Goods that expire should include the expiration date on the master carton in 36plus point font andon the individual Units. Lot numbers alone are insufficient.
- Expiration dates items should be displayed in the format MM-DD-YYYY. If the expiration date items are printed in another format, a sticker with the right format should be applied, covering the real expiration date items.
Suggested reading: Alibaba Reviews
- Which categories require specific preparation in order to protect the units from dust or damage in the fulfillment center or during shipment to the customer?
Liquids and goods containing liquids can cause damage during shipping and when stored. Goods containing liquids without a double seal, including viscous goods like honey, should be packaged securely to protect Amazon associates, different goods, and customers. Be sure to adhere to the instructions for glass containers, packaging different packs of liquids, and volume restrictions by container type. Kits, Sets or bundled goods containing liquids should fulfill these requirements as well.
3.2 Sharp objects
Sharp objects should be packaged so that the sharp or pointed edge will not become exposed during, stocking, receipt, shipment to the customer or shipment preparation. Sharp objects have a sharp or pointed edge that, when exposed, presents a safety hazard to Amazon’s associates and customers receiving the objects.
3.3 Fragile objects
Fragile objects should be packaged in either a 6 solid-sided box, or fully secured in bubble wrap, so the object isn’t exposed in any way. Fragile objects must be packaged so they will not break and possibly make a safety hazard during shipment preparation, storage or shipment to the customer.
3.4 Plush objects
Objects should be placed in a shrink-wrapped or sealed poly bag. Package plush objects like stuffed toys, puppets, and animals, so they will not be damaged during stocking, receipt, shipment to the customer or shipment preparation.
3.5 Baby products
Products that aren’t contained in a sealed, 6 sided packages or have an opening greater than 1″x1″ should be placed in a shrink-wrapped or sealed poly bag. Every product for Baby age 3 or younger that has an exposed surface greater than 1″x1″ should be packaged so it will not be damaged during stocking, receipt, shipment to the customer or shipment preparation.
3.6 Apparel, fabric, and textiles
Textiles are made of fabric or cloth that can be damaged by humidity or dust. Units should be placed in a shrink-wrapped or sealed poly bag. These Units must be packaged so they aren’t damaged during stocking, receipt, shipment to the customer or shipment preparation.
Jewelry should be packaged so that the unit causes unsafe conditions or can’t be damaged by having the material exposed during the fulfillment process. Every jewelry unit that can be damaged by dirt, tearing, liquid or dust during the fulfillment process should be packaged following these instructions.
3.8 Small products
Every Small product whose largest side is less than 2-1/8″ the width of a MasterCard requires being packaged in a poly bag with the barcode on the outside of the bag to stop the Unit from being lost or misplaced. This will also protect the unit from damage by dirt, tearing, liquid or dust during the fulfillment process.
3.9 Pellets, powders, and granular products
Pellets, powders and granular products are dry products that are pourable and can cause damage during shipping and when stored. Be sure to adhere to the instructions for glass containers if the product is packaged in glass. Kits, Sets or bundled goods containing powders, granulars or pellets should fulfill these requirements as well. Package these goods securely to protect Amazon associates, different goods, and customers.Every Unit containing powders, pellets or granular substances should be able to withstand a 3-foot drop test without the contents of the container spilling or leaking.
- Products that can’t withstand the drop test should be packaged in poly bags.
A drop test consists of five 3-foot drops onto a hard surface without leaking or breaking:
- Flat on top
- Flat on base
- Flat on shortest side
- Flat on longest side
- On a corner
Every item sent to an Amazon fulfillment center that is made of or packaged in Plexiglas need a label minimum 2″x3″ that states that the product is Plexiglas. These labels help distinguish your Plexiglas items from items that are made of glass, which need special handling and packaging.
3.11 Adult products
Adult products should be bagged for protection in opaque, black bags. The outside of the bag should have a suffocation warning and a scannable ASIN. This includes but isn’t limited to items that fulfill any of the following requirements:
- Packaging that uses profane/ obscene messaging
- Items that contain nude models, images of live.
- Items that are themselves life such as in nature but with no live-model nudity shown
Acceptable adult product packaging:
- Items in plain packaging without models
- Tame, abstract items that aren’t life such as in nature
- Items in plain packaging with models not in compromising or suggestive positions
- Suggestive text but no profanity
- Packaging with no obscene text
- Packaging that shows a model or models in suggestive/ compromising positions or poses but no nudity
The tools of delivery creation in your seller account build it simply to choose the goods you want to send, the quantity of every good, your delivery process, and whether or not you want to label and prep your inventory yourself or have Amazon do it. The tools of delivery creation also provide instructions on how to prep your goods and given shipping labels and printable product. After you make your delivery plan, you are able to start packing and preparing your goods so that you can deliver them to the fulfillment centers. By distributing your inventory around other regions distributed inventory placement, your goods are near to the clients who buy from you and can be delivered fast. A single delivery plan may be broken into in different shipments directed to multiple fulfillment centers.
By Working With LeelineSourcing, You Can Expect an Unparalleled Quality of Service. With 10 Years of Experience in Sourcing Business, we offer the whole range of the FBA Sourcing,you can always receive specific services from us,FBA prep services,FBA private lable,FBA Logistics, If you have a specific need, feel free to contact us and we’ll do our best to help you.For more details pls Contact us and learn more about our service,visit our website.https://leelinesourcing.com or email us at :[email protected]
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?