Q: My supplier has some extra stock from my order. They said they would like my authorization to liquidate it and get some money for scrap. Is this a good idea?
A: If the goods are already in their finished form and have more value as a final product rather than scrap, it is a bad idea to allow your supplier to liquidate your stock as they see fit because it may very well end up being sold rather than recycled and that could have gray market implications.
Here are a few suggestions.
1. Have the terms of your contacts and purchase orders clearly state what will happen to scrap and extra stock. Have an agreement before production even starts!
2. If you do agree to having it scrapped, you need some proof it was destroyed or recycled. You may need to hire an independent 3rd party if you can’t make the trip yourself. Very important if you have intellectual property like a famous brand or innovative product to protect.
If you have any more questions about Amazon business, please do get in touch so we can assist you in getting the right information.
Leeline sourcing company is involved in different sourcing business that will help your company’s grow, and make your international business better. No matter how big or small your orders are, we will help you source quality and affordable products, and we will ship them directly to you.
• Product Sourcing: With over 10 years experience in this field, our team will keep your mind at peace, and you will be sure that the products are supplied through a responsible supply chain.
• Amazon FBA sourcing service: We offer you Amazon seller services, from product procurement, to brand labeling, quality inspection, packaging services, product photographing and also shipping of products to FBA warehouses. Just tell us what you need, and we will help ship your products to your warehouse at lightning speed.
• Business and sourcing ideas: If you walk into our office, we will share business and sourcing ideas with you, even if you are importing yourself, our ideas will help you avoid mistakes that will be costly to your business. Our advice will surely help your business turn out better.
We will keep updating new resoures about hot selling item in china, if you are planning to open your online shop and don’t know what kind of products to choose, welcome to subscribe our articles, we will give you some sourcing inspiration.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]